Monday, September 19, 2011

Three Bean Soup

I know I have been posting a lot of recipes as of late, but I get so excited when I make something that Staples LOVES (she's been eating it everyday for a week)!  This is literally the easiest thing in the whole world to make.  If you can use a can opener you can make this soup.  Oh, and did I mention that it's SUPER healthy!?

What you need:
1 onion chopped
1/4 c water
1 T chili powder
1 t cumin or however much you like
1 15 oz can of Black Beans drained and rinsed
1 15 oz can of Pinto Beans drained and rinsed
1 15 oz can of Kidney Beans drained and rinsed
1 4 oz can of diced green chilies
1 10 oz can of Rotel
1 28 oz can of Chopped tomatoes (I used fire roasted)
4 cups of vegetable broth

Directions:

Place the water in a large soup pot (this makes a lot!).  Add the onion, chili powder and cumin.  Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.  Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.

You may think it's strange to saute using only water, but I promise it will work.  I wasn't kidding when I said this was a super healthy recipe!  Sorry, no pictures this time, but I think we can all use our imaginations on this one. :)

*taken from The McDougall Quick and Easy Cookbook

2 comments:

  1. The three-bean held me over for a while, but I think it's about time for a new post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Rob. I'm putting my fingertips together and pleading for "mo!? mo?! mo?!"

    *specifically a picture in the halloween costume pls.

    ReplyDelete